All is well here in Namche Bazaar. Today was a rest day, rather than a move day up to our next stop, because weather was not particularly favorable in the morning, and we wanted to ensure that everyone is in tip-top shape for the next hike, including me. My sore throat has improved during the day, but it’s still there, lingering. This too shall pass!
Sun is breaking out over this part of the Khumbu Valley, revealing spectacular views of the surrounding peaks. Snow is melting like crazy, and the temperature is rising, all good signs of a favorable passage tomorrow.
Plenty of time today to rest, hydrate, eat, relax, and try to get my blogs posted!
Plenty of time for last-minute shopping today, too.
At the moment I am in an internet boutique, of sorts, waiting for a video of our wait day in Kathmandu to upload… just 720p and 2 minutes long, but 103 MB will take an hour to get online, if it works at all! My plan has been to edit and post video on the fly… I may need to rethink this. I think the shop proprietor may have just cut off half the town’s net access in order to allow this upload! Not a sustainable solution. Methinks that video will need to happen when I return, though I suppose I might be able to squeeze a few uploads out from EBC… but no promises.
Addendum 4-3-15: I worked for hours to get that video online, to no avail! As you will see in subsequent posts, we are now in Pheriche, where there is better wifi. Success!